Holy Family Nursery - Settling In Procedures
We want the children in our Nursery to feel safe and happy in the absence of their parents and we aim to establish positive relationships from the very beginning. We encourage the children to share with their parents afterwards the new learning experiences enjoyed in the Nursery. We also want parents to feel welcome and involved from the beginning.
In order to accomplish this, we aim to create a partnership with the parents in the following ways;
- We encourage parents to attend the induction programme with their child in the term before starting.
- We provide parents with a copy of our Information booklet and suggestions as to how they can help prepare their child for Nursery.
- We aim to meet the needs of individual families and children and take these into account in our settling in procedures.
- Children are introduced into the Nursery on a staggered basis, giving each group time to settle before starting new children. Starting with the oldest children first.
- Initial groups will also include children returning to the Nursery for their second year.
- Parents are welcome to stay with their child until settled and are encouraged to separate for brief periods at first and gradually build up to a longer absences.
- We believe that children cannot play or learn successfully if they are anxious or unhappy.
Our settling in procedures aim to help parents and children feel comfortable in the Nursery and to ensure that our children can benefit from what we have to offer.
Holy Family Primary School
1 Castledawson Rd
Tel: 028 7963 2153
Fax: 028 7930 1617